The Sony PlayStation has been a part of gaming and entertainment life for a quarter of a century, with the first units arriving in lounges and bedrooms around the world in 1994.
And now Sony has announced that the PlayStation 5 will be available on November 12, 2020 and they announced that it will cost $499.99. There’s still not anything left to figure out about the PS5, which is fantastic, because now you can start planning the edition you’re going to buy, what games you’re going to pick up first, what accessories you’re going to need, how much you need to save, and when it’s going to arrive right on your doorstep.
PS5 full specs
- The console will have an 8-core, 16-thread CPU.
- The graphics will run on a custom AMD GPU.
- The new console will have custom 825GB SSD storage built-in.
- The optical drive will run 4K Blu-ray discs.
- The PS5 is expected to have a revamped user interface
- The controller will have adaptive triggers and haptic feedback for a more immersive gameplay experience.
- The memory interface will be 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
- The memory bandwidth will be 448GB/s
- The IO throughput will be 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
- There will be an NVMe SSD slot for expandable storage
- The PS5 will support USB HDD external storage for PS4 games
PS5 Main features
- Ultra-high-speed SSD
- Integrated custom I/O system
- Custom AMD GPU- with ray tracing
- 3D audio
The release date of 12 November will extend to the United States , Japan, Mexico, Australia , New Zealand and South Korea, with the rest of the world receiving the new console on 19 November. Sony also states that the release date for China is yet to be finalized and will be released at a later date.