Apple’s iPhone 12 release date and price
We are now days away from October 13, 2020 meaning Apple will launch the iPhone 12 on that day. There are numerous rumors that their will be major upgrades and updates on Apple this Oct. 13.
Apple will announce four iPhones in their line up: an iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max. Leaker Kang leaked it in Chinese social media site Weibo. All of the iPhones features 5G support including mmWave in the US.
Apple usually announce their new flagships during September but the COVID-19 pandemic has forced the company to limit their production making sales and inventory affected.
Based from IOS 14, we might expect the new release to have software features like widgets, application libraries & picture-in-picture but there are other rumors that it has 3D Depth sensing on its rear cameras & new screen size.
It might also have the A14 Bionic Processor and expect this one to be more efficient and faster than its previous models. Rumors said that the A14 will have a CPU gain of 40% and a GPU gain of 50%. The 12 Mini and 12 will have a 64GB to 256GB storage while the Pro and Pro max will have 128GB to 512GB of storage.
Kang confirms multiple upgrades and differences:
- Upgraded OLED screens called ‘Super Retina XDR Displays’
- Upgraded scratch and impact resistant glass referred to as a “Ceramic Shield Front Cover”
- Support for Dolby Vision video recording
- A ‘Smart Data’ 5G mode which automatically defaults to 4G “according to application bandwidth” to save battery
- No 5G mmWave support for iPhone 12 models outside the US
- Apple will reintroduce the ‘MagSafe’ brand for the range’s leaked wireless magnetic charging system
Multiples rumors also said that it may not come out with earbuds or even a power adapter. The new iPhones will have four different screen sizes: iPhone 12 mini (5.4-inch), iPhone 12 and Pro (6.1-inch) and iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7-inch). The iPhone will most likely be dark blue when released.
It is also rumored that the new iPhone will be cheaper than the previous model. Apple will price the new iPhone lineup: iPhone 12 at $649, iPhone 12 Pro at $999, iPhone 12 Mini at $699 and iPhone 12 Pro Max at $1099. This may be cheaper as it’s like a trend every release.